雪球發射機的燃料箱是有限的，其紅色的燃料表會顯示出單位。加滿燃料之後可使用 5 天，任何燃料物質皆可再補充，如原木或腐爛物, as well as Nitre. As long as the Ice Flingomatic is turned on, it will consume fuel over time. Extinguishing fires and reviving withered plants does not consume additional fuel.
In Don't Starve Together (DST), when an Ice Flingomatic is interacted with, instead of being turned off, it will go into "Emergency Mode." In this state, the Ice Flingomatic will be in a similar state to its RoG counterpart when turned off, in that it will not save plants or crops from withering or automatically put out all fires within its range, but if a large uncontrolled fire is detected nearby, the machine will sound an alarm, lighting the light bulb on its top and playing a tone. If the machine is not manually turned on or if the detected fire is not extinguished within 15 seconds of the alarm sounding, the Ice Flingomatic will turn itself on and attempt to control the fire automatically.
After the fire is controlled, if no more fires are detected for 25 seconds, the Ice Flingomatic will turn itself off again. When automatically responding to an emergency, an Ice Flingomatic cannot be manually turned off once it has been activated.
- Having a pre-built Flingomatic in a player's Science tab will allow a player to measure the range of an already placed Flingomatic at any time. This can be done by selecting it from the Science tab and hovering over the placed Flingomatic. When finished, right-clicking will cancel the placement of the new one.
- The Ice Flingomatic can fail to stop crops withering during Summer if they are planted in quick succession. The problem can be avoided by waiting for the Ice Flingomatic's animation to complete between each Seed when planting multiple Seeds.
- Sometimes the Ice Flingomatic stops throwing snowballs at withered plants. Relogging usually fixes this issue.
- May auto target Limpet Rocks and never target anything else.
- Thrown snowballs can sometimes get stuck in the air. This typically affects a single snowball from a stream, so the Ice Flingomatic should still be able to put out fires.