- The Houndius Shootius is an excellent item to use to defend the player against Hounds over day 100. However the player could be swarmed before the Houndius Shootius kills the hounds so making 2 will be sufficient enough.
- Players can use multiple Houndius Shootiuses to farm different Mobs penned inside Walls. Good examples for this are Bunnymen, and Wargs (from the Reign of Giants DLC).
- A Houndious Shootious can be used to kill Birds cost free. Paired with a Feather Hat players can easily farm Morsels and Feathers.
- The Houndius Shootius was added in the A Moderately Friendly Update.
- The Houndius Shootius bears a resemblance to an Obelisk of Light from Command and Conquer.
- The Houndius Shootius was originally called "Minotaur Clopper". This was changed to "Mino-Clopper", and finally its current name, Houndius Shootius, alluding to its role against Hound attacks.
- The maximum amount of Houndius Shootius one can legitimately possess in a single world is 32. When traveling through the Teleportato, the player can take 29 of them (15 in the inventory, 14 in a Krampus Sack) and 3 can be made in the new world.