The Wooden Thing (commonly referred as the Teleportato, when completed) is a unique Structure in Don't Starve. It spawns naturally in every world in its own Set Piece. It is guarded by 1 Clockwork Rook, 2 Clockwork Knights, and 2 Clockwork Bishops. The area is also surrounded by Evil Flowers and Marble Trees laid on a Chess Biome.
There are two versions of it, one that spawns in Sandbox Mode and one in Adventure Mode, that differ from their color schemes. In Adventure Mode, the Set Piece in which it spawns also lacks the Clockwork Rook. Players can craft a Divining Rod to help them track the Wooden Thing.
The Teleportato is built by combining the Wooden Thing with the Metal Potato Thing, Box Thing, Ring Thing, and the Crank Thing (in any order). Note that each 'Thing' component will spawn in different areas of the map. A completed Teleportato can then be activated, allowing the player to journey to a newly generated world. Shadow hands will emerge from the ground to pull the player through to the next world. Teleportato is one-way, after traveling to the new world, the previous world is destroyed, therefore players cannot go back to it.
In Sandbox Mode, items in the player's inventory will be transferred to the new world (including items in an equipped backpack). In Adventure Mode, players can only take 4 items through a Teleportato. However, the Eye Bone and Divining Rod will always turn into Ashes after being carried through a Teleportato. The player retains any unlocked crafting recipes and pre-built Structures (by crafting items with the required materials, but not placing them immediately afterwards). WX-78 retains any upgraded stats. Beard length is also retained, as long as either Webber or Wilson is selected for the new character. In Sandbox Mode, any customization to World Generation will still apply in the new world. Upon arriving the new world, the player characters will retain their Health, Sanity and Hunger values they had in the in previous world. However, if they had less than 20% Health, 30% Sanity or 40% Hunger, their respective values will be set to these minimums when entering the new world.
After traveling through a Teleportato, the player will gain Experience based on the number of days survived, and will be given the option to play as a different Character in the next world (except in Adventure Mode).
Downloadable Content 编辑
In the Shipwrecked DLC, Wooden Thing has a different appearance and is called Wooden Platform Thing. It is found on a tiny Beach island with two Palm Trees and a single Seashell. This island is surrounded by Coral Reefs and is protected by 3 Floaty Boaty Knights. It functions the same way, allowing players to build the Teleportato using Shipwrecked equivalents of Things, Wooden Potato Thing, Grassy Thing, Screw Thing and Ring Thing. Completed Teleportato will transport the player to another Shipwrecked World. Additionally Fishbone will turn to Ash if carried to the new world.
- Before The End is Nigh update, players could bring all of their items in Survival mode (excluding the Eye Bone, which turns to "Ashes of Eye Bone").
- The symbols on the Wooden Thing are a form of runic alphabet, known as Elder Futhark. It spells "makswell."
- Webber's beard can be retained if Wilson is picked, and vice versa.
- The common reason why the Wooden Thing is called the Teleportato is due to the Metal Potato Thing, which is revealed to be a robotic Maxwell head when the contraption is finished.
- If the player runs away from the Wooden Thing immediately after clicking "Let's Go", the screen will continue to move in the direction of the character's shadow when the "You Escaped" box appears.
- Players can use backpacks in order to transport more items to the new world. The method involves burning a backpack, then extinguishing the fire before it turns to Ashes. All backpacks will be forced out the player's inventory after spawning in the new world (the same will happen after quitting/restarting the game). Note that if a Cave is entered while carrying the backpacks, they will permanently disappear from inventory after spawning in the Cave.
|植物||漿果叢 • 胡蘿蔔 • 洞穴香蕉樹 • 洞穴菌藻 • 树• 花朵 (惡魔之花, 蕨類) • 乾草叢 • 螢光花 • 食人花 • 曼德拉草 • 蘑菇 • 蘑菇樹 • 植物 • 蘆葦草 • 樹苗 • 荊棘叢 • 完全正常的树
(白樺樹 • 仙人掌 • 風滾草 ) (多汁浆果丛 • 枝条树 )(竹子丛 • 智慧树 • 咖啡树 • 巨型仙人掌 • 丛林树 • 红树 • 棕榈树 • 正常的丛林树 • 红薯 • 藤蔓 )
|生物與其居住小屋||蜂巢 • 獵犬塚 • 池塘 • 豬人屋 • 豬豬國王 • 豬人火炬 • 胡蘿蔔屋 • 破舊魚屋 • 甲殼石墩 • 蜘蛛巢 • 石筍蛛巢 • 穴居猴窟 • 兔子窩 • 高腳鳥巢 • 海象冰屋 • 蟲洞
(鼴鼠穴 • 浣熊窩 ) (岩漿池 ) (螃蟹窝 • 龙骑士巢穴 • 龙蛋 • 渔人屋 • 鱼人屋 • 猿猴屋 • 鱼群 • 野猪屋 • 龙虾巢 • 海盗章鱼 )
|靜止物件||遠古祭壇 • 遠古雕像 • 玄武岩 • 藍圖 • 巨礫 • 留聲機 • 墳墓 • 豎琴雕像 • 墓碑 • 可疑的土堆 • 大理石柱 • 大理石樹 • 麥斯威爾之門 • 麥斯威爾的雕像 • 麥斯威爾之燈 • 魚人頭 • 夢魘燈座 • 梦魇匣鎖 • 梦魇王座 • 方尖碑 • 華麗箱子 • 豬人頭 • 石柱 • 遠古遺物 • 地穴入口 • 骸骨 • 石筍岩 • 试金石 • 圖勒牆
(咕嚕咪雕像 • 冰礦 ) (华丽传送门 • 大理石雕塑 • 陨星 • 月亮石底座 • 化石树 • 玫瑰花台 • 可疑的大理石 • 可疑的月亮石 ) (木炭岩 • 珊瑚礁 • 木板箱 • 殘骸 • 火药桶 • 火焰间歇泉 • 火山坑 • 三角虫洞 • 石灰石墙 • 帽贝岩 • 熔岩矿 • 贻贝 • 黑曜石巨砾 • 黑曜石工作台 • 毒池 • 罗林 • 海上的旅行箱 • 沙堆 • 神州飞船 • 赌博机 • 可疑的气泡 • 火山 • 火山祭坛 • 水墓 • 野猪头 • 木腿船长的笼子 • 残骸 • 藏宝地 )
|零件||眼骨 • (星-空 ) • (魚骨 )
木製傳送台 • 曲柄零件 • 盒狀零件 • 金屬球狀零件 • 環狀零件
(木製平面傳送台 • 草柄零件 • 螺絲零件 • 木製球狀零件 • 波環零件 )