The Nightmare Throne is a throne only found in the epilogue of Adventure Mode. It is a black throne with many spikes, which traps whoever is sitting on it. Attacking it will break the player's weapon and hit the player with a weak Lightning bolt.
Originally Maxwell is found sitting on the throne. If the player chooses to unlock the Nightmare Lock with a Divining Rod, Maxwell will be released, momentarily stretch, then wither into a skeleton and fade away into dust. Then, two big shadowy hands will come up from the ground and pull the player's character underground. The chair will reappear with the character trapped on it, and the Gramaphone next to it will start playing music as the screen fades to black and the story ends.
When players approach Maxwell in the throne, he will say a line. Players have to click on him to read all the lines. Once he says all the lines listed below, excluding the Gramaphone ones, all he will say is "...".
- "Is this what you were expecting?" / "Is this how it ends?"
- "Forgive me if I don't get up."
- "You've been an interesting plaything, but I've grown tired of this game."
- "Or maybe They've grown tired of me."
- "Heh. Took them long enough."
- "They'll show you terrible, beautiful things."
- "It's best not to fight it."
- "There wasn't much here when I showed up."
- "Just dust. And the Void. And Them."
- "I've learned so much since then. I've built so much."
- "But even a King is bound to the board."
- "You can't change the rules of the game."
- "I don't know what they want. They... they just watch."
- "Unless you get too close... Then..."
- "Well, there's a reason I stay so dapper."
- "What year is it out there? Time moves differently here."
- "Go on, stay a while. Keep us company."
- "Or put the key in the box. It's your decision."
- "Either way, you're just delaying the inevitable."
- "Reality is like that, sometimes."
- "I think I've said enough."
- If the Gramaphone is turned off, then Maxwell will say... "Thank you, I've been listening to that song for an eternity."
- If the Gramaphone is then turned back on, Maxwell then states... "I suppose I deserve that."
- If the player activates the hidden Teleportato, Maxwell will say... "Don't you think I've tried that?"
- If the player attacks Maxwell he will say... "The throne won't allow that. I've tried."
- There was an old design for the Nightmare Throne that was in the game, but it was removed and replaced with the current one. The Shadow Key originally was going to unlock Maxwell, but the Divining Rod replaced it.
- There is a fully operational Wooden Thing located somewhere in the map. Players can try to use it, but it will simply drop them back at Maxwell's throne. Maxwell will comment that he tried the same.
- It is possible to see two of the same character by playing Adventure Mode twice as that character. One of them will be stuck on the throne, while the second has the option to swap places.
- When trying to attack Maxwell while on the throne as Woodie using Lucy the Axe, the axe will be destroyed. If Woodie pities Maxwell and takes his place, upon being strapped to the throne, the throne will be turned around. This same glitch can happen to Willow if the player used the Console to complete Adventure Mode.
- In Don't Starve Together, trying to spawn the Nightmare Throne will crash the game.
|植物||漿果叢 • 胡蘿蔔 • 洞穴香蕉樹 • 洞穴菌藻 • 树• 花朵 (惡魔之花, 蕨類) • 乾草叢 • 螢光花 • 食人花 • 曼德拉草 • 蘑菇 • 蘑菇樹 • 植物 • 蘆葦草 • 樹苗 • 荊棘叢 • 完全正常的樹
(白樺樹 • 仙人掌 • 風滾草 ) (多汁漿果叢 • 枝條樹 )(竹子叢 • 智慧樹 • 咖啡樹 • 巨型仙人掌 • 叢林樹 • 紅樹 • 棕櫚樹 • 正常的叢林樹 • 紅薯 • 藤蔓 )
|生物與其居住小屋||蜂巢 • 獵犬塚 • 池塘 • 豬人屋 • 豬豬國王 • 豬人火炬 • 胡蘿蔔屋 • 破舊魚屋 • 甲殼石墩 • 蜘蛛巢 • 石筍蛛巢 • 穴居猴窟 • 兔子窩 • 高腳鳥巢 • 海象冰屋 • 蟲洞
(鼴鼠穴 • 浣熊窩 ) (岩漿池 ) (螃蟹窩 • 龍騎士巢穴 • 龍蛋 • 漁人屋 • 破舊魚屋 • 猿猴屋 • 魚群 • 野豬屋 • 龍蝦巢 • 海盗章魚 )
|靜止物件||遠古祭壇 • 遠古雕像 • 玄武岩 • 藍圖 • 巨礫 • 留聲機 • 墳墓 • 豎琴雕像 • 墓碑 • 可疑的土堆 • 大理石柱 • 大理石樹 • 麥斯威爾之門 • 麥斯威爾的雕像 • 麥斯威爾之燈 • 魚人頭 • 夢魘燈座 • 夢魘匣鎖 • 夢魘王座 • 方尖碑 • 華麗箱子 • 豬人頭 • 石柱 • 遠古遺物 • 洞口 • 骸骨 • 石筍地 • 試金石 • 圖勒牆
(咕嚕咪雕像 • 冰礦 ) (華麗傳送門 • 大理石雕塑 • 隕星 • 月亮石底座 • 石化的常青樹 • 舞台茶几 • 可疑的大理石 • 可疑的月亮石 ) (木炭岩 • 珊瑚礁 • 木板箱 • 殘骸 • 火藥桶 • 火焰間歇泉 • 火山坑 • 三角蟲洞 • 石灰石牆 • 帽貝岩 • 熔岩礦 • 貽貝 • 黑曜石巨礫 • 黑曜石工作台 • 毒池 • 羅林 • 海上的旅行箱 • 沙堆 • 神州飛船 • 餃子虎 • 可疑的氣泡 • 火山 • 火山祭壇 • 水墓 • 野豬頭 • 木腿船長的籠子 • 殘骸 • 藏寶地 )
|零件||眼骨 • (星-空 ) • (魚骨 )
木製傳送台 • 曲柄零件 • 盒狀零件 • 金屬球狀零件 • 環狀零件
(木製平面傳送台 • 草柄零件 • 螺絲零件 • 木製球狀零件 • 波環零件 )